Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Fusilli Pasta, Ricotta Cheese, and Tomato
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 135)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Creamy, smooth and satisfying.
- 1.1 pounds Fusilli "hand made" artisan pasta from Il Pastatio di Gragnano* *
- 1.1 pounds Fresh cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 14 ounces Fresh ricotta cheese
- 15 Leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 5 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil "Marina Colonna"* *
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 2 ounces Coarse salt for cooking the pasta *
- In a large pot bring 1.5 gallons of water to boil, salt the water (2 ounces of salt for 1.5 gallons of water) add the pasta and bring back to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cook the pasta until it is "al dente" (13-15 minutes), stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- While pasta cooks, put the cherry tomatoes in a pan with 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil "Marina Colonna", cook for about 15 minutes then add the chopped basil leaves and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir ricotta cheese and milk with a whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Stir gently and serve.