Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 165)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Can be spelled Calabacitas or Calabasitas... it is a recipe for Mexican-style squash.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Zucchini squash
- 1/4 cup Chopped green onion
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil *
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 2 cups Corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 whole green chiles (freshly roasted or canned)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon *
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cloves *
- Salt to taste *
- Slice squash into bite-sized pieces and chop onion.
- In a heavy cast iron skillet combine squash, onions, olive oil and cream.
- Cover skillet and simmer a few minutes.
- If a frozen corn is used, add now.
- With fresh corn, slice from cob and add when squash becomes somewhat translucent.
- Cover and simmer until corn is tender.
- Chop green chiles and add along with spices and salt.
- Let simmer uncovered a couple more minutes and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.