Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 232)
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
A rice dish that originated in the Mid East. Sometimes called pilau, it always starts with the rice being cooked in butter or oil and then cooked in stock. It can be flavored in countless ways.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 tablespoons Colonna Extra Virgin Olive oil* *
- 1 cup Arborio rice *
2 cups Brown poultry stock
Recipe for Brown Poultry Stock can be found in Avanti Savoia stocks
- Dash of cayenne* *
- 1 Bay leaf* *
- 1/2 teaspoon White pepper* *
- 1 teaspoon Salt *
- Heat oil in a saucepan and stir in rice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
- Heat stock to a low boil.
- Add simmerinig stock to rice.
- This mixture will boil furiously at first.
- When the boilings and the splattering have subsided, add remaining seasonings, cover, and cook approximately 20 minutes.
- Allow rice to remain covered until served.
*Can also be made with fish, beef, or vegetable stock
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.