Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 544)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 40 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Earty porcini and excellent rice combine for a fine risotto.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1/2 cup Packed Italian dried porcini, soaked in one cup of water *
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 Onion, finely sliced
1 1/2 cups Carnaroli rice
Cascina Belvedere - suggested
- 1/3 cup Dry white wine
- 4 cups Hot beef broth
- 1 cup Mushroom water; strained
- Fine sea salt and black peppercorn; freshly ground to taste *
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese; freshly grated and divided
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parsley, minced
- Soak dried porcini in a cup of warm water for 15 minutes.
- Chop them coarsely, and set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and add onion and sauté until light brown.
- Then add rice, stirring constantly let it stick and burn.
- Stir in the white wine, and continue stirring until it has evaporated completely.
- Then stir in a cup of beef broth; stir in chopped mushrooms and their strained liquid.
- Then continue adding beef broth a cup at a time, stirring occasionally.
- About five minutes before the rice is done, check seasoning.
- As soon as the rice is “al dente”, turn off the heat, stir in butter, half Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, a little bit of ground black peppercorn, parsley, and cover the risotto for two minutes.
- Serve with the remaining grated “Parmesan” cheese.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.