Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Broccoli Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 553)
Preparation time: 35 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Healthful and nutritious salad with good instructions for perfect hard boiled eggs.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Large egg
- 1 1/2 pound Brocolli, heads cut into 2 inch long florets (about 1 inch wide) and stems peeled and cut crosswise into ¼ -inch slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar *
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/4 teaspoon Black peppercorn; freshly ground *
- 1/2 cup Olive oil *
- 1 Garlic clove, smashed
- 3 Slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed and bread cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Cover egg with cold water by 1 inch in a 1- to 2-quart heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil, partially covered.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 15 minutes.
- Transfer egg with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water and let stand 5 minutes.
- While egg is cooking, steam broccoli in a steamer set over boiling water, covered, until just tender, 2 to 4 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk together Sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, sea salt, and peppercorn in a small bowl.
- Cook garlic in Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until golden, 1 to 2 minutes then discard garlic, reserving oil.
- Add bread to oil and cook, turning until golden.
- Transfer croutons with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain, reserving oil.
- Peel egg and force through a medium-mesh sieve using the back of a spoon, then add to broccoli.
- Add 3 tablespoons of hot oil to vinegar mixture, whisking until emulsified, then add to broccoli along with croutons and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.