Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 418)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Simply prepared fish; very rich sauce.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Rice, boiled
- 2 pounds Haddock fillets, skinned and boned
- 3 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tablespoon Black peppercorn, freshly ground *
- 1/2 tablespoon Fine sea salt *
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/4 pound Pepperoni sausage, chopped
- 3/4 cup Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Gouda cheese, grated
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Cut fish into 4 equal parts.
- Cut scallion in 2-inch section.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with butter; put rice into it.
- Mix well flour, salt, and peppercorn.
- Dust pieces of fish with seasoned flour.
- In a frying pan heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil; add fish pieces, and stir-fry quickly until golden brown on both sides.
- Put fried haddock on top of rice.
- Add pepperoni sausage and mushrooms to frying pan and cook over high heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, and tomato paste, bring to a boil.
- Pour over haddock pieces and rice, then sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Put in the oven and bake at 375 degrees until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.