Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Drunken Risotto ( Risotto Ubriaco)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 846)
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Source: Doug Slocum
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 4 Tablespoons Montecroce Extra Virgin Olive Oil * *
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Barbera Vinegar from Claudio Rosso * *
- 280 gr.(6 oz) Diced Bacon
- 1 cup Brandy
- 450 gr.(1 lb) Arborio Rice from Cascina Belvedere * *
- 2 teaspoons Fine Sel de Mer Sea Salt * *
- 6 cup Dry Red Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 2 cups Grated Parmesan Cheese *
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper * *
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Soffritto Italiano * *
- Heat the Montecroce extra virgin olive oil in a sauce pan and then add the "Soffritto Italiano" with 1 cup water. When all the water is completely evaporated, add the 1/2 cup of Barolo vinegar. Continue cooking at low temperature until all liquid is completely absorbed.
- Add the diced bacon and fry for few minutes until the fat becomes transparent.
- Add 1 cup of Brandy, cook at low temperature until all the liquid has disappeared.
- Add the rice and salt and continue cooking. Stir well with wooden spoon until all the grains of rice are well coated.
- Begin to add the dry red wine, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently. Wait until each addition is almost completely absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup.
- After approximately 15 minutes the rice will be cooked "al dente". Remove and add the chopped parsley, grated Parmesan cheese, ground black pepper and butter.
- Stir vigorously for 1/2 minute and serve immediately.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.