Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Yellow Rice with Galletti Mushrooms (Risotto Giallo con Galletti)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 542)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Fine risotto with saffron and Galletti (Chantrelle) mushrooms.
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup Galletti mushrooms in Extra Virgin Olive oil *
- 2 tablespoons Dry white wine
1 1/2 cups Carnaroli rice
- 4 cup Hot beef broth
- Fine sea salt and black peppercorn; freshly ground to taste *
- 1 Packet ground saffron, dissolved into 1 tablespoon of beef broth
- A walnut-sized chunk of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons Fresh parsley, minced
- Heat butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and sauté until light brown, add Galletti mushrooms, mix well and stir in white wine; cook for 8 more minutes.
- Then stir in the rice and continue cooking, stirring, and adding broth as the rice absorbs it.
- Shortly before the rice is “al dente”, season with salt and peppercorn, then stir in the saffron mixture, and then stir in the butter chunk, “Parmesan” cheese, and the parsley.
- Mix well and serve.