Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Green Risotto with Galletti Mushrooms (Risotto Verde con Galletti)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 543)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Galletti is the Italian name for the highly prized Chanterelle mushroom. This risotto using Galletti will become one of your highly prized recipes.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
1 tablespoon Moscato wine vinegar
Ramo d’Oro - “Moscato” wine vinegar-suggested
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Green peppercorn; freshly ground *
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 Large white onion
1 1/2 cups Carnaroli white rice
Cascina Belvedere suggested
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 6 cups Hot beef broth
- Fine sea salt; to taste *
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; freshly grated
2 cups Preserved Galletti mushrooms, drained
Oliveri - “Galletti” mushrooms suggested
- 1 tablespoon Lemon zest; fine strips-about one lemon
- Remove the stems from the spinach, and rinse thoroughly.
- Place spinach into a blender with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Moscato wine vinegar, salt, and green peppercorn; make mix purée and set aside.
- In large frying pan heat butter over a medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until light brown, then add rice.
- Stir well for one minute.
- Add white wine, stir until absorbed; then add beef stock gradually allowing the rice to absorb it.
- Season with fine sea salt and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add spinach purée, stir well, and cook for 5 minutes more, until rice is “al dente”.
- Remove from the heat; blend in “Snail” butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix well.
- Arrange the rice on the serving platter, pour over the Galletti mushrooms, then sprinkle over lemon zest strips and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.