Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 157)
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Southwestern breakfast favorite.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 3 Corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil *
- 1 Pickled jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons Purple onion, chopped
- 4 Large eggs, slightly beaten
- Salt to taste *
- 1/4 cup Grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- A few leaves of fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet and fry tortilla strips until lightly crisped.
- Remove tortilla strips, set aside and pour off half the oil.
- Return skillet to heat and add Jalepeno and onion.
- Stir and cook for half a minute and add eggs, salt and fried totilla strips.
- Stir the migas until the eggs are set.
- Serve sprinkled with the cheese and cilantro.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.