Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Chicken Cacciatore (Chicken, Italian Hunter Style)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 252)
Preparation time: 120 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Chianti, Sangiovese, or other good Italian red.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 6 tablespoons Olive oil *
- 1 Medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Medium bell pepper, chopped
- 8 Chicken breast halves, cut into cubes (3 1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- 5 to 10 Fresh sage leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced and mashed
- 3/4 cup Dry red wine
- 28 ounce can Crushed tomatoes
- 2 Bay leaves *
- Salt and pepper to taste *
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and add onion and bell pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until vegetables soften.
- Add chicken pieces and cook another 12 or so minutes until done.
- Stir in rosemary, sage, parsley, basil, and garlic and cook another couple of minutes.
- Lower the heat and add wine.
- Let it simmer about ten minutes stirring often.
- Now add canned tomatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer twenty to thirty minutes.
- If it seems to be getting dry, add a little water.
- Serve topped with some grated parmesan cheese.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.