Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Braised Bamboo Shoots
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 322)
Preparation time: 15 minutes plus cooling; Cook time: 25 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Savory Asian side dish.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 cups Bamboo shoots
- 1/2 cup Beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sherry wine
4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil
Avanti Savoia all purpose/cooking oil suggested
- Cut bamboo shoots in 1 1/2 inch strips.
- Combine beef broth, soy sauce, sugar and Sherry wine in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil.
- Add bamboo shoots and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add beef broth mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Refrigerate, covered, only to chill (about 30 minutes) before serving.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.