Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Pop Lowery's Texas Lemon Barbecue Sauce
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 442)
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
This sauce is particularly good on chicken but do not baste with any liquid sauce until toward the end of the cooking process. This helps prevent the sugar from burning or scorching so quickly.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Grated and finely chopped peel and juice of lemon
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 12 ounces Chili Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Prepared Mustard
- 2 teapsoons Ground Black Pepper *
- 1 teapsoon Chili Powder
- 1 teapsoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teapsoon Tabasco Sauce
- 2 teapsoons Sel Gris Sea Salt *
- 1/4 cup Avanti All-Purpose Cooking Olive Oil *
- Mix all ingredients together and simmer about 20 minutes over low heat. Stir often to prevent sticking.
- Baste chicken or other meats towards the end of the cooking process and also serve the sauce hot at the table.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.