Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Stir-Fried Ham and Spinach
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 487)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Basic wok tecnique featuring ham and spinach.
- 1/2 pound Baked ham
- 1 pound Spinach, washed
- 1 Scallion stalk
- 1/2 Garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 3 tabelspoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable broth
- Cut ham in ½-inch cubes.
- Stem spinach, leaving leaves whole.
- Mince scallion and garlic.
- Blend cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, and cold water to a paste.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a wok pan.
- Add salt, then garlic and scallion; stir-fry to brown lightly.
- Add ham and stir-fry to heat throughly.
- Add spinach; stir-few a few times to coat with oil (about ½ minute).
- Then add vegetable broth and cook, covered, until spinach softens slightly but not limp ( 1 to 2 minutes).
- Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken.
- Serve at once.