Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Quick Bread Sticks
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 224)
Preparation time: 2 hours; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
There is no substitute for made by hand and freshly baked.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 packages RapidRise yeast
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 3-3 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil *
- 1 cup Very warm water
- 2 teaspoons Salt *
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 3/8 cup Additional parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Grated nutmeg *
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cayenne pepper
- Small amount of corn meal
- In a large bowl, mix yeast, sugar and flour and then make a well in the center and add oil and warm water.
- Stir to form a dough and then add the salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Knead well, shape into a ball and place into the bowl which has been slightly oiled.
- Cover with damp cloth and allow to rise for 45 minutes.
- When dough has risen, place it onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead it a bit and then roll it out very thinly with a rolling pin and your hands.
- Use a pizza cutter if possible to cut out strips about 7-8" long and 1/2" wide.
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with a little corn meal and arrange the strips of dough about 1" apart.
- Allow the bread sticks to rise another 15 minutes or so and place them to cook into a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with the beaten egg.
- Then sprinkle the breadsticks with the remaining parmesan cheese combined with the nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- Return to oven and bake until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot or room temperature.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.