Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 825)
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 medium Purple Onion
- 3 medium Carrots
- 3 medium Leeks
- 1 Shallot
- 4 Green Onions
- 3 1/2 pounds Chicken Backs, Necks, Bones and Other Pieces
- 3 pounds Veal Bones
- 1 teaspoon White Wine Vinegar* *
- 6 White Peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 3 Parsley Stems (leaves removed)
- 1 Bay Leaf* *
- to taste Salt* *
- Wash and coarsley chop purple onion, carrots, leeks, shallot and green onions.
- Place prepared vegtables, chicken pieces and veal bones into a large stockpot.
- Add enough water to cover by 1 inch.
- Add white wine vinegar, white peppercorns, thyme, parsley stems and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Cook 2 hours, occasionally skimming off material that rises to the top.
- Remove from heat Add salt to taste and strain through cheesecloth-lined sieve. Cool uncovered to room temperature and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and skim off fat. Stock may be used as is or further reduced.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.