Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 114)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Cook the pasta, chop the vegetables and combine all ingredients. Tasty and healthy and a good one to involve the kids. (Morelli, 5 color Bow Tie Pasta)
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
1 pound Dry pasta
Morelli suggested, takes two bags, you may sub Penne or Fusilli.
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold water
- 4 tablespoons Coarse sea salt *
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1/2 cup Green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon Black peppercorn, freshly ground *
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry mustard
6 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
(High quality suggested)
- In a large pot bring 1 1/2 galons of water to a rolling boil.
- Add the coarse sea salt (4 tablespoons), then add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain well in a colander; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Combine the pasta in a large salad bowl with remaining ingredients except extra virgin olive oil; toss gently and chill.
- Before serving pour over the extra virgin olive oil, toss gently and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.