Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Braised Red Cabbage with Raisins
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 701)
Preparation time: 1 Hour and 20 minutes; Cook time: 45 to 60 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Homey dish with complex aromatic flavors.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Cumin Seeds *
- 2 Tablespoons Dry Red Wine
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
1/3 teaspoon Sea Salt with Green Matcha Tea
- 1 small Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Raisins
2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
Secco Del Borgo suggested
- 2/3 cup Apple Juice
Cooking Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to grease
- Toast cumin seeds in a frying pan until they smell nutty, about 1 minute.
- In a large pot, heat red wine. Add onion and aromatic salt, and sautè for 5 minutes, until onion wilts and smells very sweet.
- Add red cabbage and sautè over medium-low heat until it wilts a little, about 5 minutes. (Add water as needed to prevent sticking)
- Add toasted cumin seeds and Sultana raisins. Mix white wine vinegar and apple juice, pour over the cabbage and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly oil a 6 to 8 cup baking dish and spoon the cabbage and liquid into it. Cover and bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve warm.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.