Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Grilled Lamb Chops with Braised Aromatic Vegetables and Olives
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 803)
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus several hours; Cook time: 40 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Once the lamb chops are grilled and the veggies chopped, this recipe is so easy and so good it will become one of your standards.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 8 1 1/2 Inch thick Lamb Chops
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard *
- 2 Tablespoons Le Magnolie Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
Suggest Giuseppe Giusti Silver Label
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced and mashed
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary *
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano *
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt *
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper
- ***BRAISED AROMATIC VEGETABLES WITH OLIVES
- 1/4 cup Le Magnolie Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 3 Leeks, carefully washed and cut julienne into thin 2 inch strips
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced and mashed
- 3 Carrots, peeled and cut julienne into thin 2 inch strips
- 3 Celery Stalks, strings removed and cut into thin 2 inch strips
- 1 14 ounce can Whole Tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups Dry White Wine
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Bay Leaf *
- 1 teaspoon each Oregano, Rosemary and Thyme *
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Leaves, torn into strips
- 6 each of Greek Green and Calamata Black Olives, pitted
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon each Sea Salt and White Pepper (or to taste) *
For Lamb Chops:
- Combine Dijon Mustard, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary, oregano, sea salt and white pepper for marinade and rub each chop with this mixture. Place lamb in a non-reactive container, cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for several hour.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Grill on hot grill 4 or 5 minutes on each side or until the chops reach desired level of doneness. Serve with Braised Aromatic Vegetables with Olives.
Braised Aromatic Vegetables with Olives
- Heat olive oil in large heavy skillet. Add leeks, shallots and garlic and cook over a medium heat until they are slightly wilted.
- Stir in carrots and celery and cook 3 or 4 minutes more. Add canned tomatoes and cook until liquid begins to evaporate.
- Add wine and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Blend in lemon juice, herbs, olives, beef stock, salt and pepper. Cook until sauce begins to thicken. Do not cook until dry. Taste for seasoning before serving.
To Serve - Place serving of Braised Aromatic Vegetables on warmed dinner plate and top with two grilled Lamb Chops. Garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of fresh herbs.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.