Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Yukon Gold Potato Salad with Smoked Bacon
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 804)
Preparation time: 40 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
This recipe is really just an updated version of French Country Potato Salad. The Yukon Gold Potatoes add great color and consistancy. For vegetarians, simply substitute vegetable stock for the beef stock and leave off the bacon.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, approximately 2 inches in diameter
- 2 Tablespoons Dry White Wine
- 2 Tablespoons Beef or Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar *
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard *
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper *
- 6 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onion, chopped (green part only)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced and mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme *
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary *
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano *
- 1 Tablespoon French Tarragon *
- 2 Tablespoons Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
3 slices Hickory Smoked Bacon, cut into small pieces and crisply fried
Benton's Smoky Mountain Country Ham and Bacon, Madisonville,TN recommended
- Carefully wash potatoes and place in enough boiling, salted water to cover. Boil until they are tender but still firm.
- Drain and cool slightly. When they are just barely cool enough to handle, peel and cut into quarters or slices. Place into a non-reactive mixing bowl.
- Combine wine and broth and pour over the potatoes while they are still warm. Set aside for a few minutes. This is the key, as the warm potatoes will absorb the liquid and flavors.
- In a small bowl beat together with the vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, sea salt and white pepper until slightly frothy.
- Next, beat in the olive oil a little at a time until smooth. Add all the rest of ingredients except bacon and mix.
- Pour the dressing over potatoes and toss very gently to blend. Taste for seasoning, top with smoked bacon and serve while still a little warm or chilled.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.