Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 825)
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
- 1 medium Purple Onion
- 3 medium Carrots
- 3 medium Leeks
- 1 Shallot
- 4 Green Onions
- 3 1/2 pounds Chicken Backs, Necks, Bones and Other Pieces
- 3 pounds Veal Bones
- 1 teaspoon Secco Del Borgo White Wine Vinegar* *
- 6 White Peppercorns* *
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme* *
- 3 Parsley Stems (leaves removed)
- 1 Bay Leaf* *
- to taste Salt* *
- Wash and coarsley chop purple onion, carrots, leeks, shallot and green onions.
- Place prepared vegtables, chicken pieces and veal bones into a large stockpot.
- Add enough water to cover by 1 inch.
- Add white wine vinegar, white peppercorns, thyme, parsley stems and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Cook 2 hours, occasionally skimming off material that rises to the top.
- Remove from heat and strain through cheesecloth-lined sieve. Cool uncovered to room temperature and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and skim off fat. Stock may be used as is or further reduced.