Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Banana and Carrot Bread
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 182)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 60 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Bananas (medium sized), mashed
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground *
- 1/4 Fine sea salt spiced with Szechwan Pepper *
- 1/2 cup Mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy, beat in the eggs.
- Mash bananas in a small bowl.
- Mix flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, blend in flour mixture alternately with mashed bananas.
- Combine with egg mixture, then stir in the carrots and the nuts.
- Turn into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan, bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, then turn out of pan and cool commpletely on wire rack before slicing.