Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 189)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Bananas and turkey served together in a warm salad. Surprising and amazing!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter (divided)
- 1 cup Celery, diagonally sliced
- 1/4 cup Scallion, chopped
- 2 cups Cooked Turkey, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Bananas, sliced (about 3 bananas)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Curry powder *
- 2 Tablespoons All-purpose flour
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large frying pan over medium heat; add celery and scallions.
- Cook just until heated through; remove to large bowl.
- Add turkey to fryiig pan and cook until hot; add celery and scallions.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in frying pan; sprinkle sliced bananas with lemon juice and heat in fryiing pan.
- Add to the bowl.
- Add lettuce to frying pan, cover and heat until lettuce is wilted, 1 to 2 minutes; place on top of bananas in bowl.
- In same frying pan combine chicken broth, curry powder and flour; cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and comes to a boil.
- Add salad to frying pan; toss gently and serve.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.