Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 314)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 90 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Healthful concoction made using dried Porcini mushrooms.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 15 Dried, Porcini *
- Mushroom soaking liquid
- 5 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Green peppercorn, freshly ground *
- Soak dried mushrooms.
- Reserve soaking liquid.
- Cut in half.
- Place mushrooms in a deep, heatproof bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring mushroom-soaking liquid and vegetable stock to a boil.
- Pour over mushrooms.
- Place bowl in a large pot, surround the bowl with boiling water to about 2/3 its height.
- Cover with a lid, steam over low heat for 1 hour.
- Replenish the boiling water with more of the same, as necessary.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.