Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Chicken in Hell's Fire
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 340)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Poulet au Feu D'Enfer~Adapted from the recipe of the great Fernand Point. In classic French cooking a demi-glace is a highly reduced espagnole sauce. A acceptable substitute can be made by reducing a brown stock flavored with tomato paste and Maderia wine. Frozen demi-glace is also avaiable from certain gourmet markets.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 8 Chicken breasts, split, boned and skinned
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Olive oil *
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced and mashed
- 1 cup White wine vinegar *
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 1 cup Poultry demi glace
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon White pepper *
- Salt to taste *
- 1 teaspoon Tarragon *
- 1/4 cup Parsely, finely chopped
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Cold butter
- Whole sprigs of parsley for garnish
- Melt the 1/4 cup of butter with olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute the chicken over a medium high heat on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan to a warm platter, set aside and keep warm.
- Pour off half of the fat in the pan, return it to a medium heat and add the minced garlic.
- Cook the garlic for a minute and deglaze the pan with the vinegar and wine.
- Reduce by about half and add the demi glace and tomato paste.
- Cook until the sauce thickens a little and add pepper, salt, herbs and lemon juice.
- Taste and correct seasonings if necessary.
- Remove from heat and whip in cold butter a little at a time until smooth.
- Pour sauce over warm chicken breasts and garnish with parsley sprigs.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.