Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 369)
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Chef Joseph Lowery
Delicious with simply cooked warm fish dishes.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 Medium cucumbers, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and sliced 1/8" thick
- 2 Medium yellow onions, sliced Julienne
- 1/2 cup Reserved poaching liquid from salmon or bottled clam juice
- 2 tablespoons Dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg *
- Salt and pepper to taste *
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1/4 cup Whipping cream
- Paprika *
- In a large skillet or saute pan, melt the butter until it foams.
- Add the cucumbers and onions and cook over moderate heat until they are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Place the cooked vegetables and butter in a sauce pan with the poaching liquid or clam juice, wine, mace, salt and pepper.
- Cover the saucepan and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a "Beurre Manie" by mixing the tablespoon of butter with the flour into a paste.
- Add a bit at a time of this paste to the simmering saucepot stirring it in to blend well and using only enough to just bind the sauce.
- Stir in the cream, cook for another minute and serve sprinkled with a little paprika.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.