Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Rhubarb and Apple Meringue Pie
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 390)
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Delicious apple and rhubarb duo, peeking out from under a meringue topping.
- 1 pound Rhubarb stalk, cleaned
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Sugar, divided
- 1 teapsoon Ground cinnamon *
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cloves *
- 2 Egg whites
- Whipped cream to serve
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Chop rhubarb stalk; peel, core and dice apple.
- Place rhubarb and apple in a buttered, ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar, mixed with cinnamon and cloves; pour evenly over melted butter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until apple is soft.
- Whip egg white until they form soft peaks; gradually whisk in 1/2 cup sugar and continue whipping until meringue forms stiff peaks.
- Spread meringue over rhubarb and apple, and bake for 5 minutes more, or until it start to brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.