Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Glazed Apple Tart
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 425)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 65 minutes plus cooling
Source: Vito De Carolis
Inspired apple pie with pecans in the crust and an orange marmalade glaze on the top.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 cup Un-sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup Pecans, finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons Ice water
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon *
- Dash of salt
- 6 cups Thickly sliced pared baking apples (about 3 large)
- 1/2 cup Orange marmalade
- Combine 1 cup flour and ½ tsp salt in a bowl.
- Cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Mix in pecans and add ice water; mix thoroughly.
- Form pastry into a ball.
- Roll out on a lightly floured board to a 12-inch round.
- Place in a 9-inch spring-form pan or a 9x2-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl thoroughly combine sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and a dash of salt.
- Add apples to large bowl and toss and coat in sugar mixture.
- In the pastry lined pan, arrange apple slices in a circle, overlapping each slice slightly.
- Cover pan loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine marmalade and remaining butter in a saucepan.
- Heat and stir over low heat until butter is melted.
- Drizzle marmalade mixture over apples.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes longer, or until apples are tender.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.