Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Halibut with Vegetables
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 438)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Beautiful fish, easy recipe, go for it.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Halibut, cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 Onions
- 1 Garlic clove
- 3 Carrots
- 3 Celery stalks
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary, dried *
- 1/4 teaspoon White peppercorn, freshly ground *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 2 cups Fish stock
Note: Use a pan large enough to fit halibut slices in a single layer.
- Chop onion finely.
- Crush garlic, cut carrots, and celery stalks into thin strips
- Melt butter in the pan.
- Add all vegetables to the pan, add rosemary, peppercorn and salt; sauté 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring fish stock to a boil in another pan.
- Put halibut slices on top of the vegetables, pour the fish stock over fish,it should just about cover fish.
- Simmer very gently 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove halibut slices with a slotted spoon and arrange them on a serving platter.
- Spoon vegetables over, along with a little of the stock, and serve.
- Pour remaining stock into a serving bowl and serve with fish.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.