Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Market Day Casserole
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 457)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 3 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Earthy and hearty.
- 2 pounds Potatoes
- 6 Pork Chops
- 3 Medium sized onions, finely sliced
- 2 Pig's kidneys, sliced
- 1 small Granny Smith apple
1/2 teaspoon Dried sage, crushed
Ferri dal 1905 – suggested
- Fine sea salt and green peppercorn, freshly grated to taste *
- 1 cup Beef broth
- Peel and slice potatoes and place in a layers in a heavy frying pan with chops, sliced onions, kidneys, sliced apple, sage and seasoning; finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- Pour over beef broth, cover with a tightly fitting lid and cook slowly for 3 hours.
- Serve warm.