Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Deep Fried Fish in Batter
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 513)
Preparation time: 45 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Beer batter is the best!
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 pounds Cod or haddock fillets, skinned and boned
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika powder (sweet or hot as you like) *
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Green peppercorn; freshly ground *
- 1 cup Lager beer
- 1 Egg, beaten
2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Avanti Savoia Cooking/All Purpose Olive Oil suggested
- Pat-dry fish fillets with paper towel, then cut in pieces ( about 2 by 1-inch).
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar, garlic salt, paprika, and peppercorn well.
- Add beer and egg, then combine until smooth and lump-free.
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil to about 375 degrees in a heavy pan.
- Dip fish pieces into batter and deep-fry them, a few at a time, 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from frying pan with slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Keep warm until all of the pieces have been fried.
- Serve with French fries, a green salad and “Icelandic” cocktail sauce ( see recipe).
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.