Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Flank Steak and Balsamic Glaze
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 522)
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Flavorful, tangy and satisfying. For best results allow the meat to "rest" a few minutes before slicing.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt, divided *
- 1 Flank steak (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon Green peppercorn; freshly ground *
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried thyme *
- 5 tablespoons Balsamic glaze
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and sauté 10 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt; add sugar, wine, and sauté for about 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle steak with remaining 1/4 tsp salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Place steak on a broiler pan, coated with cooking spray; broil 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Place caramelized onions on a warm platter and put over the steak strips; drizzle with 4 tablespoons balsamic glaze.
- Serve with steamed broccoli, drizzled with 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.