Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Fruit Treasure Muffins
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 56)
Serves 12 ; Yields 12 muffins
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes
Source: Merry Thomas M.S. RD. L.D.
Muffins may be stored, tightly wrapped in the freezer for up to three months. For some added flavor try Plum oil in place of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 16 ounce can of fruit cocktail in juice or extra light syrup
- 1 cup Whole bran cereal
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Oat bran
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon *
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg *
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1/4 cup Egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Drain fruit cocktail.
- In a large bowl combine bran cereal, flour, oat bran, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl whisk together vegetable oil, molasses, egg substitute, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in fruit cocktail.
- Fold liquid ingredients into dry ingredients, mixing until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased or paper lined 2 3/4 inch muffin pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees over oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out dry.
- Cool muffins on a cake cooling rack.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.