Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
St. John's Day Soup
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 603)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carlos
Irish classic soup
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 Salmon Head
- 3 1/2 cups Fish Stock
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- Coarse Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Green Peppercorn, to taste *
- Parsley chopped, to garnish
- Poach salmon head in fish stock for about 10 minutes. Take head out and remove all flesh. Flake and set aside.
- Return fish head to pan and boil unitl the liquid is reduced by about 1/3.
- Blend butter, flour and milk together. Add to the stock and bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove head.
- Add flaked salmon and simmer for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with chopped parsley and serve at once.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.