Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
St. John's Day Soup
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 603)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Irish classic soup
- 1 Salmon Head
- 3 1/2 cups Fish Stock
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- Coarse Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Green Peppercorn, to taste *
- Parsley chopped, to garnish
- Poach salmon head in fish stock for about 10 minutes. Take head out and remove all flesh. Flake and set aside.
- Return fish head to pan and boil unitl the liquid is reduced by about 1/3.
- Blend butter, flour and milk together. Add to the stock and bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove head.
- Add flaked salmon and simmer for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with chopped parsley and serve at once.