Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 698)
Preparation time: 1 Hour and 40 minutes; Cook time: 1 Hour and 15 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
What meat eater doesn't love meatloaf? This recipe is for a very special meatloaf with homemade BBQ sauce.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 pound Sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup Fine Breadcrumbs
- 2 medium Onions, chopped fine
1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
Ferri Curry Special suggested
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Fine Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Peppercorn, to taste *
- 1 Onion, chopped very fine
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Homemade Ketchup (See Recipe)
- 1/4 cup Dry Red Wine
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
Claudio Rosso suggested
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Combine ground beef, sausage, breadcrumbs, onions, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, curry and egg in a large bowl. Mix well. Mix milk and water and add to meat mixture a little at a time until smooth but firm. Shape into loaf and put into a greased baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes at 375ºF.
- Meanwhile, sautè onions in butter until golden. Add ketuchup, wine, Wortcestershire sauce, brown sugar, water, vinegar, coffee and lemon juice. Bring slowly to a boil, lower heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- After meatloaf has cooked for 30 minutes, pour half of the sauce over the meat, return to oven and bake 45 minutes more, basting often with remaining sauce.
- Serve the meatloaf hot in thick slices with remaining sauce.
Note: This meatloaf also makes great sandwiches.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.