Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Stuffed Breast of Lamb
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 628)
Preparation time: 2 Hours and 15 minutes; Cook time: 2 hours
Source: Vito De Carolis
Breast of lamb is a cut of meat similiar to the short ribs. Your butcher can bone and trim it for you.
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup White Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dill, chopped
- Fine Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Peppercorn, to taste *
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1 Breast of Lamb, boned and trimmed
- Mix together breadcrumbs, mushrooms, onion, parsley and dill. Season salt and pepper.
- Work butter through and bind with egg.
- Spread stuffing over the inside of lamb's breast. Roll up tightly and tie with string.
- Put in a small roasting pan and cover with foil.
- Cook in the oven at 400°F for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 325°F and cook for 1 hour more. Remove the foil and cook for 30 minutes more. Allow to rest a few minutes before serving.