Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Ris con Pomodoro e Melanzana
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 850)
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
Rice with tomato and eggplant
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1 ga Water to cook rice
- 30 gr (1 oz) Coarse Sea Salt*, for cooking the rice *
- 300 gr (11 oz) Arborio Rice from Cascina Belvedere* *
- 2 large Eggplants
- 4 Tablespoons Colonna Extra Virgin Olive Oil* *
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 708 gr jar Don Bruno Marinara Sauce* *
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger* *
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground White Pepper* *
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt* *
- 400 gr (14 oz) Mozzarella Cheese
- 60 gr (2 oz) Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped by hand at the last moment
- Bring 1 gallon of water to a boil, salt the water (1 ounce of salt for 1 gallon water) and return to a boil. Add the Arborio rice and cook for 7 minutes and drain.
- Wash the eggplants and cut in large chunks (3/4 x 3/4 x 3/4 inch). Cook in small frying pan with 1 tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive in a large frying pan. Add the chopped garlic, tomato sauce, ground ginger, freshly ground white pepper and sea salt and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and stewed eggplants to the sauce in the large frying pan and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Dice the mozzarella cheese into cubes the same size as the eggplants.
- Finally, add the chopped basil and the mozzarella cheese, stir gently with a wooden spoon and serve.
If you are vegetarian you could leave out the mozzarella.
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.