Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Baked Stuffed Zucchini
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 329)
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
There are many ways to stuff a zucchini. This recipe will become one of your favorite.
- 4 Small zucchini
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil *
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup Green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano leaves *
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine sea salt *
- 1/4 teaspoon Black peppercorn, freshly ground *
- 1/4 cup Fine dry bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Jarlsberg, shredded
- Cut a thin, lengthwise slice from each zucchini.
- Scoop or cut out pulp, leaving a shell about 1/8 inch thick.
- Coarsely chop pulp (there should be about 1 1/2 cups).
- Place zucchini shells cut side down in a 10x6x1 3/4-inch baking dish.
- Fill with 1/8 inch hot water.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, stir occasionally, cook 2 to 3 mintues or until tender.
- Add chopped zucchini pulp, mushrooms, green pepper, oregano, salt and peppercorn.
- Stirring occasionally cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in bread crumbs.
- Drain cooked zucchini shells.
- Fill with mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the cheese.
- Bake in 425 degree oven 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm.