Recipes brought to you by Avanti Savoia
Visit us online at www.avantisavoia.com
Potato Sauce (Pasta Con Le Patate)
Be the first to review this recipe.
(Recipe ID: 961)
Preparation time: 40 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes
Source: Vito De Carolis
In this recipe pasta is served with a “Smoked Cream” potato sauce.
Items indicated with an astrisk (*) available for purchase in the Avanti Savoia store. See below to add these items to your cart.
- 1.1 pound Dry Pasta * *
- 1/2 pounds Russet Potatoes, peeled and diced into one inch cubes, boil in salty water for 4 minutes
- 1 White Onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary Leaves
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Thick-Cut Bacon, cut into strip
- 1/2 cube Bouillon, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground White Peppercorn
- 1 cup Heavy Cream, hot
- to taste Fine Sea Salt* *
- 1 1/2 gallons Cold Water
- 4 Tablespoons Coarse Sea Salt * *
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick frying pan over low heat; add bacon strips, minced garlic, rosemary leaves and sliced onion, saute without browning then add boiled potatoes, mix and add crumbled bouillon cube and pepper, stir and add hot heavy cream, mix well to combine, cover with a lid and simmer for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring 1 1/2 gallons of water to a rolling boil.
- Add the coarse sea salt (4 tablespoons), then add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain well in a colander (reserving 1 cup of the pasta water to adjust the sauce).
- Add pasta to the sauce, saute for 1 minute add reserved pasta water if needed. Sprinkle each portion with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and serve.
Suggested shape of pasta to use with this sauce:
Gnocchi, Penne rigate, Bowtie, Radiatori, Fusilli, Elicoidlai or Spaghetti
The following ingredients are available in the Avanti Savoia online store. Click the product name for more information.